Grilled baby back ribs
Yield 8–10 servings
- 2 full racks of pork baby-back ribs, tendons removed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoky paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, peeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled, left whole
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cherry barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, smoky paprika, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Evenly spread onions and garlic cloves in bottom of large roasting pan.
- Add two racks of ribs.
- Rub spice blend generously on top and bottom sides of each rack of ribs.
- Pour chicken broth into bottom of roasting pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 4 hours.
- Remove pan from oven and discard onions and garlic cloves.
- Heat grill to 350F and oil grates.
- Place each rack of ribs on grill with bottom side facing down.
- Brush cherry barbecue sauce on both sides of meat and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove ribs from grill and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
Alternatively, place ribs on parchment-lined baking sheet, laying out so they do not overlap. Brush cherry barbecue sauce generously over top. Broil ribs for 3 minutes, turn, and brush with more sauce. Continue to broil for 3 more minutes or until exterior is just browned and crispy.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/more/grilled-baby-back-ribs/