Bobby Flay’s Margherita grilled pizza
Yield 2–4 servings
- 1 store-bought ball of pizza dough, at room temperature
- Olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Handful fresh basil leaves, rolled up, thinly sliced crosswise
- Prepare grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Heat grill.Make sure your grill is hot before you begin grilling the pizza. It's hot enough when you can hold your hands about 1 inch over grates for no more than 2 seconds. (But be careful!)
- While the grill gets up to temperature, gently stretch and shape the room-temperature dough into 12-inch round on a flat surface.
- Brush top of dough with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss dough on grill, oil-side down. Grill until bottom is golden brown, about 1 minute, checking frequently. If it is browning unevenly, use spatula or tongs to rotate dough 90 degrees and cook for another minute. Top of pizza dough should bubble up with air pockets.
- Flip dough over and grill other side until golden brown and just firm -- only about another minute or so.
- Transfer pizza crust to sheet pan. Cover grill so it retains heat for next step.
- Drizzle top of crust with more olive oil.
- Evenly arrange mozzarella and tomato slices on top of dough and season with salt and pepper.
- Return pizza to grill on sheet pan, cover grill, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove pizza from grill and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/more/bobby-flays-margherita-grilled-pizza/