Grilled corn with a chipotle coffee rub
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) softened butter
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chili (adjustable to spice preference)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Optional: Lime garnish
- Shuck the corn and trim the stem, if necessary.
- Tear off four squares of foil, about 1 foot by 1 foot -- enough to cover one ear of corn.
- Blend all spices in a small bowl and then stir in the softened butter until well combined.
- Slather each ear of corn with seasoned butter and individually wrap in foil, taking special care to seal the ends so the butter doesn’t spill out while you’re grilling.
- Grill the corn over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally to prevent burning. Finished corn should look plump and glossy with a few spots of char.
- When checking the corn for done-ness, take an ear off the grill and partially unwrap it in a plate. (Opening the foil directly in the grill may lead to a butter leak flare-up. No fun.)
- This corn is delicious as a side for any cookout or celebration, but it also makes a great addition to salads. Try taking it off the cob and serving it over greens with blueberries and goat cheese.
- This is also a great dish to prep at home and pack in a cooler for a car camping trip or tailgating party.
- This same spice rub is also great for steaks, though you’ll probably want to add more salt.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/eat/dinner/grilled-corn-with-a-chipotle-coffee-rub/