Roasted corn and black bean salsa
- 4 ears white corn, husks removed
- 1-2 jalapeños, sliced and seeded if desired
- 4 small cloves of garlic, skin on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3/4 up diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 limes
- Avocado for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place corn, jalapeños, and garlic on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, rotating corn every 10 minutes or so.
- Allow veggies to cool before handling.
- In a large bowl use a knife to remove corn from cob.
- Mince jalapeños and peel and mince garlic.
- Combine corn with beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, juice from one lime, garlic, salt, pepper, and jalapeños. (Try adding half of the jalapeños if you don't want it too spicy.)
- Mix well.
- Taste test and add more lime juice, jalapeño, or salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Serve with corn chips and enjoy!
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/eat/appetizers/roasted-corn-and-black-bean-salsa/