Yield 12 servings
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet good quality chocolate, cut into 1/4” chunks
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- Three 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 whole walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Using an ungreased springform pan, line the bottom and sides with the crumb mixture. Press the crumbs up the side with a large spoon or measuring cup. Push the crumb mixture up about 2/3 of the sides. Press down until the inside is smooth.
- Refrigerator until well chilled, 2 hours or more.
- In a double boiler, heat the chocolate chips until melted.
- In a small bowl, stir together the instant coffee, water, vanilla and rum extract. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and, using a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the cream cheese, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in melted chocolate, coffee mixture and cocoa. Mix well.
- Gradually add sour cream and continue to mix well.
- Gently fold in melted butter and blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into chilled crust.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place baking pan on baking tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Open door to the oven, shut off heat and allow the cake to stay in the oven for 15 minutes. Do not move cheesecake during this process.
- Gently remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, unfasten the ring from the springform pan and remove.
- Garnish the top with walnuts.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrations/mocha-cheesecake/