Roasted garlic mashed potatoes (gluten-free, soy free and vegan)
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1/3 cup cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 tablespoon and 2 tablespoons
- 1 head roasted garlic (cloves removed from skins)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large stock pot, cover with water and add bouillon.
- Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk cashew milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander then return them to the stock pot. Add cashew milk, one tablespoon olive oil, roasted garlic cloves, and salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl and drizzle with remaining two tablespoons olive oil. Garnish with rosemary.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes/