Orange cranberry muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, whole or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and place muffin papers in a muffin pan.
- For streusel: In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, orange zest, salt, and melted butter.
- Add the flour and stir until the flour creates a paste with the butter and sugars. Set aside.
- For muffins: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the butter in chunks and mix it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and orange juice.
- Pour the juice mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until the mixture has moistened. Do not overstir.
- Add the cranberries and fold them into the batter.
- Scoop the muffin batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups, then top with a generous sprinkle of the streusel topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- Allow the muffins to cool before removing from the pan.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/orange-cranberry-muffins-are-a-delightful-and-delicious-addition-to-the-holidays/