Easy bacon jalapeño cheese ball
Yield 1 cheese ball
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced onions
- 1-1/2 small jalapeños, minced
- 2 strips smoked bacon, cooked, diced small
- 3/4 cup finely shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil to coat your hands
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Mix in the garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, Frank’s RedHot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced onions, jalapeños, and bacon.
- Stir in the shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheeses and continue to blend until combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Coat your hands with a small amount of oil. Use your hands to form the cheese mixture into a ball. Set the cheeseball aside on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Place the toasted chopped pecans on a plate. Invert the cheese ball onto the pecans. Sprinkle the pecans all over the cheese ball until it is completely covered then press the nuts into the cheese ball, evenly coating it.
- Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve the cheese ball with crackers and vegetables.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/thanksgiving/a-simple-and-easy-bacon-jalapeno-cheese-ball-is-the-perfect-last-minute-appetizer-idea/