New Year’s Eve ball cupcakes
Yield 12 servings
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 12 Lindt white chocolate truffles
- 12 toothpicks
- Gold food coloring dust
- 1/4 cup plain-flavored vodka
- A small block of Styrofoam
- 12 premade chocolate cupcakes cooked in dark cupcake liners, cooled
- 12 decorative picks
- 12 New Year’s Eve printables*
- To make the frosting, combine softened butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Beat with handheld mixer on high until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Transfer frosting to a piping bag fitted with a decorating tip.
- Unwrap Lindt truffles.
- To make gold paint, mix gold food coloring dust with vodka in a small bowl until a paint forms. Roll each truffle in paint until all sides are coated. Use a brush if needed to smooth out gold paint. Two coats will likely be necessary.
- Insert a toothpick into each of the painted truffles and stand them up on a small block of Styrofoam. Allow painted truffles to dry.
- Pipe frosting in a swirl pattern on each cupcake.
- Decorate each cupcake by placing a gold truffle on top.
- Make New Year’s Eve cupcake picks using the linked template. Print out two copies and cut out messages. Glue both sides back-to-back on a gold or black painted decorative pick.*
- Place decorative picks on each cupcake.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/new-years/new-years-eve-ball-cupcakes-with-custom-printable-flags/