Pancake fruit tacos
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey or syrup of your choice (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Add 1 pat butter and allow to melt.
- In large bowl, mix flour, milk, brown sugar, baking powder, egg and salt until smooth. If batter is too thick, thin with water or additional milk.
- Pour pancake batter onto griddle in 1/4-cup portions.
- Cook for 1 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Fold pancakes between muffin cups on upside-down muffin pan so they look like taco shells.
- Bake in oven for 10–15 minutes or until outsides of pancakes have turned crisp and hold their shape.
- Remove pancakes from oven and cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add desired toppings to each pancake.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/mothers-day/pancake-tacos-filled-with-fruit/