Gluten-free vegan matcha coconut waffles
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (I used Topo Chico because it is extra-bubbly, but any brand will work)
- Fruit, powdered sugar, maple syrup or other toppings as desired
- In bowl, combine coconut milk and vinegar and set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In large bowl or bowl with standing mixer, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk in coconut milk mixture, applesauce and sparkling water. Beat until batter is smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil spray and spoon batter into hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Don't overfill the waffle iron!
- Transfer to plate and serve hot with toppings.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/mothers-day/gluten-free-vegan-matcha-coconut-waffles/