Vegan jackfruit pulled pork sliders
Vegan coleslaw recipe
1. Start by making the barbecue sauce. Sauté oil, shallots and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to brown.
2. Add the apple cider vinegar to deglaze pan.
3. Add remaining ingredients for the barbecue sauce to the pan and bring to low boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. This will allow the sauce to thicken. Set aside.
5. While your barbecue sauce cools, make the coleslaw. In a small bowl, mix vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
6. Pour the dressing over shredded cabbage and carrots, and mix until dressing is evenly distributed. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes while you make the jackfruit.
7. Drain, rinse and dry the jackfruit. Shred the jackfruit into smaller pieces using your hands. If you feel any pieces of hard core, discard them.
8. Sauté the oil and jackfruit in large frying pan or cast-iron skillet until jackfruit begins to brown.
9. Add barbecue sauce and stir until well-combined.
10. To assemble sandwiches, layer slider buns with jackfruit mixture and then coleslaw. If you like extra sauce, add a layer of barbecue sauce to the tops and bottoms of the buns.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/labor-day/vegan-jackfruit-pulled-pork-sliders/