Funfetti Japanese Pancakes
Yield 4 pancakes
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Bisquick (or other traditional pancake mix)
- Unsalted butter, to grease your pan and to serve
- Optional: funfetti sprinkles
- Syrup, to serve
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk and pancake mix. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into your batter until fully combined with no clumps.
- Generously grease the 3.5-inch molds and a skillet pan with butter.
- Set the burner to low heat.
- Place the molds in the pan and fill halfway full with batter. If you’re adding funfetti sprinkles to your
- Japanese pancakes, whisk them into the batter right before you pour it into the molds.
- Cover the pan and cook the pancakes until the centers are set, about 15-20 minutes.
- After the centers are just firm, carefully flip your batter-filled molds and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pancake molds from the pan. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing the molds.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/july-4th/funfetti-japanese-pancakes/