CBD vanilla ice cream
Yield 6 servings
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 60 grams water-soluble unflavored CBD
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- In a deep saucepan, mix milk, sugar, salt, vanilla bean seeds and 1 cup heavy cream.
- Cover saucepan and heat to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to steep for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks.
- Temper the mix by very slowly pouring the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly.
- Transfer mixture back into the saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly with a spatula and scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until the custard thickens and coats the spatula.
- Pour the hot vanilla cream mixture through a fine strainer into a large bowl, then add the remaining cup of cream and whisk to combine.
- Add the water-soluble CBD and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Place the bowl into an ice bath and chill through.Cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to a container, cover and freeze until firm and ready to enjoy.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/july-4th/cbd-vanilla-ice-cream/