Candy corn stuffed cookies
- 1-1/2 cups salted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 6 cups flour
- Three 11-ounce bags candy corn
- Cream the first five ingredients together until light and fluffy, no more than 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add next five ingredients, incorporating on low until just mixed.
- Cover and chill dough for 6-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scoop dough in heaping tablespoons, placing onto clean counter or parchment paper.
- Flatten dough, adding roughly 6-7 pieces of candy corn on top.
- Top with a second, flattened dough and seal together, making sure no parts of the candy corn are exposed.
- Place on lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 9-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/halloween/candy-corn-stuffed-cookie/