Hard boiled eggs
Yield 12 hard boiled eggs
- In a large saucepan, arrange eggs in a single layer.
- Cover the eggs with 1 inch of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, cover the pan with a lid, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Set the pan aside and let the eggs sit for 13 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the hot water and carefully place them in an ice bath to halt the cooking.
- Remove the eggs from the ice water after 1 minute to serve the eggs warm or keep the eggs in the ice water for at least 10 minutes to cool completely.
- Once cooled, the hard boiled eggs can be decorated or refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/easter/make-perfect-hard-boiled-eggs/