Whiskey chai cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (without filling)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black tea leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chai tea concentrate
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine all ingredients for crust.
- Press firmly and evenly into ungreased 9-inch springform pan, about 1 inch up sides.
- Place on baking sheet or wrap bottom of pan in foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool.
- Raise oven temp to 425F.
- Place pan with water on bottom rack.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, spices, chai and whiskey on low until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides as needed.
- Add eggs and beat until just blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250F and bake for 45–50 minutes, or until center of cake is nearly set. Lightly jiggle pan to test; outside 2-1/2 inches should be firm.
- Turn oven off and prop door slightly open. Leave cheesecake inside to cool for as long as possible, at least 30–45 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack.
- Carefully run sharp knife between cake and sides of pan before loosening from rim.
- Cool completely before removing rim. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, up to two days, before serving.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/christmas/whiskey-chai-cheesecake/