Herb and cucumber roulades
Yield 24-30 appetizers
- Kosher salt
- 3 English cucumbers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 (5.2 oz) packages Boursin cheese with garlic and fine herbs
- 1 clamshell pkg fresh chives
- 1 (12oz) jar fire roasted red peppers
- Using a mandoline, slice cucumbers length-wise to 1/8 inch thick. Line a cookie sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Lay cucumber slices side by side on the cookie sheet and sprinkle sparingly with kosher salt. Flip cucumber slices and sprinkle the other side. Let set for 10 minutes. Rinse cucumber slices to remove excess salt and then gently pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small mixing bowl, use a fork to mash cream cheese and Boursin cheese to combine. Set aside.
- Cut chives into pieces approximately 2 inches long. Length will vary a bit depending on the size of your cucumbers. Cut roasted red peppers into strips approximately 1-1/2 inches long x 1/4 inch wide.
- On a flat surface, thinly spread 2-3 teaspoons of cheese on a dry cucumber slice. On one end of the cucumber, place three chives and one red pepper strip onto the cheese, leaving approximately 1/3 showing above the top edge. Gently roll cucumber strip, starting at the pepper and chive end. Can be made up to 8 hours in advance. Place on double-thick paper towel to soak up any extra liquid while storing. Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
- Makes approximately 24-30 appetizers, depending on cucumber size.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/christmas/herb-and-cucumber-roulades/