Gluten-free and vegan chai-spiced snowball cookies
Yield 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar, for rolling and dusting
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine coconut oil, honey, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, baking soda, salt, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat on medium speed until well-blended.
- Add 1 cup of flour and slowly mix well. Add additional flour in 2 more batches, mixing well after each addition. Note: You may not need all of the flour. The dough should be firm and hold together in a ball without being crumbly or too dry.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Scoop dough into 36 small balls, about 1/2-tablespoon each. Place dough balls on baking sheets.
- Bake in top part of oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cookies are firm and golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheets.
- Once cool enough to touch, but still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and allow to cool completely.
Recipe by Thanksgiving.com at http://staging.thanksgiving.com/celebrate/christmas/gluten-free-and-vegan-chai-spiced-snowball-cookies/